How do I recruit more advisers? What are the policies that pertain to me? Which programs will generate interest from young alumnae? How can I better do my Delta Gamma job? You asked, and we listened: we are proud to introduce Anchor Academy, a pre-Convention training experience.
Anchor Academy will consist of four unique training tracks, including training tracks for:
• Alumnae Presidents-including topics such as creative alumnae programming, recruiting new members, DG technology, and grooming new officers. Cost of attendance is $50.
• Collegiate Presidents-including topics such as running efficient CMT/JCMT meetings, overcoming campus culture, the “big picture” of Delta Gamma, and teambuilding. Cost of attendance is $50.
• House Corporation Officers-including topics such as budgeting/five year plans, a panel of both housed and unhoused groups, understanding housing policies, and trends in the insurance industry. Cost of attendance is $150.
• Advisers/ATCs-including topics such as training and recruiting your advisory team, advisers role in chapter finances, coaching your chapter, and understanding Fraternity policies. Cost of attendance is $150.
Are you interested yet? This will truly be a one-of-a-kind experience to learn more about your position with your sisters from all over North America. To attend Anchor Academy, make sure to register to attend when you complete Convention registration. The cost of Anchor Academy even includes your Wednesday night stay at the Biltmore and your breakfast, lunch, and training materials on Thursday!
Here are a few FAQs to help you out:
• Am I required to attend? Collegiate presidents are required to attend. Alumnae presidents, house corporation officers, and ATCs are strongly encouraged to attend, but are not required.
• How do I register for Anchor Academy? Registration for Anchor Academy will be an option included in your Convention registration materials.
• What if I’ve already registered for Convention, but didn’t register for Anchor Academy and now I want to register? Contact email@example.com and they’ll give you instructions for next steps.
• When does registration for Anchor Academy close? April 30th, but spots are limited so register ASAP!
• What does my registration fee cover? Your fee will cover Wednesday night’s hotel room stay (double occupancy with another Anchor Academy attendee), Thursday’s breakfast & lunch, and all of your training materials during Anchor Academy.
• What would the Anchor Academy schedule look like? Anchor Academy will be Thursday, June 26th from 8:00am-4:30pm. The schedule will vary depending on which training track you attend, but breakfast, lunch, and comfort breaks are incorporated into the schedule.
• When would I need to arrive? Please plan on arriving Wednesday, June 25th. Your hotel room (as double occupancy) for the 25th is included in the cost of your Anchor Academy registration.
• Who will be my roommate for the Wednesday night before Anchor Academy? You will be paired with a like-delegate (collegiate with collegiate, alumnae with alumnae, etc.) during Anchor Academy who will remain your roommate throughout the rest of Convention. If you are planning on sharing a room with somebody who is not attending Anchor Academy and she is arriving on Thursday, you may pay $75 extra to have a single room on Wednesday night before Anchor Academy. In that case, your roommate for Convention will move into the room when she arrives on Thursday for Convention.
Still have questions? Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and look for more information in the Spring issue of the ANCHORA. Don’t let this opportunity to learn and network pass you by!