As Delta Gamma’s 2014 Convention Hostess, my goal has been to build the best Convention Committee and volunteer team possible to work with Executive Office staff members to make this biennial event the best it can be for all DGs and guests traveling to Phoenix in just a few days. Talk about an easy goal to accomplish when you are part of an outstanding and dedicated alumnae chapter! The Phoenix Alumnae Chapter is a mighty and diverse group of sisters with strong leadership in place. These officers are always busy planning something for everyone, which always involves fun and sisterhood. Convention is no different!
Convention planning “takes a tribe.” Indeed, this tribe of sisters stepped up from day one as we began to recruit key Committee Coordinators and volunteers. We scheduled Convention meetings in addition to regular chapter events to involve and engage our members. Raising Convention awareness resulted in excitement and a higher level of commitment for many sisters. We’re also proud to have great support from collegians, alumnae, collegiate chapters and alumnae groups throughout Region 6 (AZ, NM, OK & TX).
Each Delta Gamma Convention has its own unique theme and flavor, but every Convention celebrates the very best of Delta Gamma; that is what we hope you will experience here in Phoenix! We encourage you to take advantage of a few things during your stay:
• At the airport, look for DG sisters wearing bright turquoise T-shirts and big DG smiles when approaching the Baggage Claim areas.
• After checking in and registering at the Delta Gamma Registration desk, please stop by our Phoenix Hospitality Table to meet many Phoenix / Region 6 volunteers. We are eager to welcome you and answer any questions you may have about Phoenix, the Biltmore Resort, the Convention program, your name tag, and so much more! Our volunteers will do their best to ensure you have the information you need for a fun and successful weekend!
• Look for our Phoenix / Region 6 Welcome Brochure in your Tote Bags, which includes messages from our Phoenix alumnae chapter president and Region 6 Director, fun facts about Arizona and the Biltmore Resort, highlights of Convention events, and special recognition to many within Region 6 for the love and support we have experienced during the planning process.
• Take time to complete that special photo album page for your alumnae group / collegiate chapter in the Memory Time Capsule for 2018 at the Phoenix Hospitality Table. While you are there, you can also pick up a more-comprehensive list of fun facts about Arizona to share with your sisters.
• Take the time to learn about the interesting history of the Arizona Biltmore Resort ~ it’s everywhere!
• Pack your cameras and iPhones for the many DG-sponsored photo opportunities throughout the Resort.
• Be prepared for outside heat and chilly inside air conditioning!
Hope is Rising along with our excitement here in Phoenix!
In the Bonds,
Mary Anne Ruman Lachenmaier, Alpha PI-Arizona
Delta Gamma Foundation Board of Trustees, Secretary
Convention 2014 Hostess