Thursday, June 17, 2010

Rocky Mountain Delta Gamma
















I wondered if there was some hidden meaning in the Alaska Airlines crossword puzzle clue ..."seventh Greek letter." As I flew into Denver late this afternoon, the majestic Rocky Mountains appeared as we descended, still capped with snow. I was so excited, I could hardly sit still. Another "sign" appeared above the escalator down to the train that goes to baggage claim..."Hope. Pass it on." Was it just me, or would all Delta Gammas see that sign and smile? Certainly someone knows that Delta Gammas are about to converge on the Mile High City!

As soon as I walked off my plane, my eyes eagerly scanned the moving crowd for anchors - necklaces, shirts, bags - I was hopeful to spot other members and exchange a smile, quick greeting, or even a hug from someone I knew. My anchor bag was certainly visible, for goodness sake - as well as my bright pink Delta Gamma bag tag!

Make sure to listen while on the train to baggage claim! A western jingle prelude plays when the doors are closing. As the train comes to its next stop, more cowboy music announces that the train has arrived. I was here! I exited the train and took the escalator up, seeing smiling DG volunteer Linda Chain, Eta-Akron, with her friendly Convention sign. She was just one of many eager volunteers assisting with directions and DG airport shuttle info.

Seeing old, dear friends is a biennial highlight and I am thrilled to be here!

ITB,
Staige Davis Hodges, Beta Theta-Duke
Portland Suburban alumnae chapter
Denver is my 9th Convention

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that bag! Where is it from?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is from Seabags.com - it is made of recycled sails! They are sturdy and exceptionally well made! ITB, Staige

    ReplyDelete